MILANI REVIEW

January 11, 2016




After waiting for what seems like forever, I have FINALLY received my ordered packaged from Milani. I have always seen Milani in the drugstore, and I had always admired their packaging. The golden cases and golden outlines made me not want to put my fingerprints all over it. But, I finally had Christmas money to order them online. They came in this afternoon and I was more than excited to try out the lipsticks and eye shadows I ordered. I had heard spectacular reviews, so I just had to try it out for myself.





I'll start off with the eye shadows. I ordered three, intending each to go with one another. Bella Champagne, Bella Taupe, and Bella Cappuccino are the three colors I bought. I am absolutely in love with not only the shades, but the formula, too! The formula is very well pigmented and also super creamy. The packaging is also very luxurious. It makes me want to buy more just for the look of them!





I swatched them on the back of my hand and was enormously impressed by the creaminess and the color payoff! The shades are exactly what I was looking for. Taupe and Cappuccino are described as satin matte shades (although, they look just matte to me), and Champagne is described as a shimmer shade. The names of the shades are exactly what they are. Champagne is a lovely shimmery, light pink. Cappuccino is a light brow, a perfect transition shade. Taupe as an incredible dark brown. These shadows will definitely make their way through to my daily routine!




I had enough money for only a couple of lipsticks, so I had to choose wisely. After searching Pinterest for hours (maybe just a couple minutes actually...), I finally settled on the two shades Matte Innocence and Matte Naked. Since I have a pale skin tone, finding nice nude shades that are true to color is a bit tough. I am more than satisfied with these two shades, though.

I've had trouble with matte lipsticks in the past, so I was a bit skeptical to trying these out. I have chapped lips in need of love and care, so matte lippies tend to exaggerate the cracks in my lips. And that's exactly what Matte Innocence did.

After I slid Matte Innocence over my lips, I was mortified. My world started crashing down. Every crack, every piece of dead skin was easily noticeable. I quickly took off the lipstick, not being able to bear the heart break anymore. I ran to my bathroom and quickly and did that life hack of rubbing your clean toothbrush against your lips as an exfoliater. It had worked before, but I haven't needed to do it for a while. After that, I reapplied the lipstick, and, with a sigh of relief, it looked great. Matte Innocence is a perfect nude shade and it goes incredibly well with my NYX Nude lip liner. Then, I applied Matte Naked and it as well matched with my NYX Peekaboo neutral liner perfectly. Out of the two, Matte Naked is definitely my go-to. These matte lipsticks are also very creamy and moisturizing. And that's hard to come by, especially with mattes.




Overall, I am very please with Milani. Great packaging, great color payoff, and amazing quality. I hope to purchase from again soon! Considering they're at my local drugstore, I'm very pleased with this brand. Also, they're cruelty-free which is always a plus! Milani has definitely earned it's spot on my favorites list.


Remember to follow up on my social media and stay tuned for more beauty, lifestyle, reviews, and hauls!

xoxo Katherine Grace

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe